Warranty & Returns
Caravan and Marine Barbecues manufacture two product ranges of BBQ’s
The Galleymate (Marine) and The Sizzler (Land)
The Galleymate range are warranted against faults in materials and manufacture for a period of five years from the date of original purchase. (Conditions apply for commercial use.)
The five year warranty applies to the stainless steel casing, Lid and drip tray.
A limited 12 month warranty applies to the burners, igniters, hot plates and any other fittings supplied by Caravan and Marine BBQ’s.
The Sizzler range are warranted against faults in materials and manufacture for a period of five years from the date of original purchase. They are not warranted for any sort of Marine Use. Use in a marine environment will completely void the warranty. (Conditions apply for commercial use including hire.)
The five year warranty applies to the stainless steel casing, Lid and drip tray.
A limited 12 month warranty applies to the Aluminium Hotplate, burners, igniters and any other fittings supplied by Caravan and Marine BBQ’s.
If service is required during the warranty period, please contact Caravan and Marine Barbecues. These repairs will be carried out at no charge to the owner, subject to the conditions specified herein:
The owner is responsible for any transportation and insurance costs if the product has to be returned for repair. (Please ring us first during our business hours as most problems can be sorted out over the phone 02 4981 9859).
This warranty does not extend to accessories or defects or injuries caused by or resulting from causes not attributable to faulty parts or the manufacture of the product, including but not limited to, defect or injury caused by or resulting from misuse, abuse, neglect, accidental damage, liquid spillage, vermin infestation, or any alterations made to the product which are not authorised by Caravan and Marine Barbecues Australia.
Please retain your sales documentation as this should be produced to validate a warranty claim.
This warranty is in addition to and in no way limits, varies or excludes any express and implied rights and remedies under any relevant legislation in the country of sale.
Caravan and Marine Barbecues want you to be totally satisfied with our products and services, and so our Returns/Replacement Policy is designed to assist you with your return. We would like to remind you that the benefits given by our Returns Policy are in addition to other rights and remedies you may have as a consumer under the Australian Consumer Law.
We offer you a replacement, credit or refund where products have a major failure, such as:
- When they are faulty
- Wrongly described
- Do not do what they are supposed to do
Defects, Warranties and Returns, Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (CCA)
- The Client must inspect the Goods on delivery and must within seven (7) days of delivery notify the Distributor in writing of any evident defect/damage, shortage in quantity, or failure to comply with the description or quote. The Client must notify any other alleged defect in the Goods as soon as reasonably possible after any such defect becomes evident. Upon such notification the Client must allow the Distributor to inspect the Goods.
- Inspect your delivery on arrival. Transit damage evident on the outer packaging should be noted on the delivery docket at the time of delivery. If you are not happy with the integrity of the delivery, you should refuse to accept or sign for delivery.
- Under applicable State, Territory and Commonwealth Law (including, without limitation the CCA), certain statutory implied guarantees and warranties (including, without limitation the statutory guarantees under the CCA) may be implied into these terms and conditions (Non-Excluded Guarantees).
- The seller acknowledges that nothing in these terms and conditions purports to modify or exclude the Non-Excluded Guarantees.
- Except as expressly set out in these terms and conditions or in respect of the Non-Excluded Guarantees, the seller makes no warranties or other representations under these terms and conditions including but not limited to the quality or suitability of the Goods. The seller’s liability in respect of these warranties is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If the Customer is a consumer within the meaning of the CCA, the seller’s liability is limited to the extent permitted by section 64A of Schedule 2.
- If the seller is required to replace the Goods under this clause or the CCA, but is unable to do so, the seller may refund any money the Customer has paid for the Goods.
- If the Customer is not a consumer within the meaning of the CCA, the Seller’s liability for any defect or damage in the Goods is:
- limited to the value of any express warranty or warranty card provided to the Customer by the Seller at the Seller’s sole discretion;
- limited to any warranty to which the Seller is entitled, if the Seller did not manufacture the Goods;
- otherwise negated absolutely.
9. Subject to this clause 9, returns will only be accepted provided that:
- the Customer has complied with the provisions of clause 1; and
- the Seller has agreed that the Goods are defective; and
- the Goods are returned within twenty one (21) days of their invoice date at the Customer’s cost (if that cost is not significant); and
- the Goods are returned in as close a condition to that in which they were delivered as is possible; and
- the Goods were not made specifically to the Customer’s specifications.
10. No credit will be issued for freight charged on the original delivery.
11. Notwithstanding clauses 1 to 8 but subject to the CCA, the Seller shall not be liable for any defect or damage which may be caused or partly caused by or arise as a result of:
- the Customer failing to properly maintain or store any Goods;
- the Customer using the Goods for any purpose other than that for which they were designed;
- the Customer continuing the use of any Goods after any defect became apparent or should have become apparent to a reasonably prudent operator or user;
- the Customer failing to follow any instructions or guidelines provided by the Seller;
- fair wear and tear, any accident, or act of God.
12. The Seller may in its absolute discretion accept non-defective Goods for return in which case the Seller may require the Customer to pay handling fees, re-stocking fees plus any freight costs.
13. Notwithstanding anything contained in this clause if the Seller is required by a law to accept a return then the Seller will only accept a return on the conditions imposed by that law.
Where to return a product:
Unless otherwise instructed, please return goods to:
Caravan and Marine Barbecues Unit 5 No 9 Sky Close Taylors Beach NSW 2316
What information is needed to complete your return?
- Your receipt or other proof of purchase (bank statement).
- Try to return the product in the same condition as it was purchased (including manuals, accessories and packaging).
- Advise of any damage or problem within 14 days of receipt of your goods.
- Provide us with any extra information we may need to process your return.
Please provide a copy of your receipt:
- For an exchange, credit, refund or repair we ask for your name, telephone number and signature in addition to your receipt.
- All purchases made on a debit/credit card will be credited back to the original card used, so please have your card with you.
Consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law are not limited by a defined time period and can vary from product to product depending on factors such as the nature of goods, price and statements made on packaging and product labels. Our staff can assist you with further information about the warranty period for the product you return.
Any expenses relating to the return of your product to store will normally have to be paid by you.
Assessment of your product:
We may need to conduct an assessment of your product to determine whether a repair, replacement or refund is appropriate.
In some cases a refund, replacement, or repair may not be offered if you:
- Substantially modify the product;
- Misuse the product contrary to user instructions or packaging labels; or
- Simply change your mind.
- You have not advised us of a problem or damage within the 14 day notice period.
Certain products are excluded under our Returns Policy unless they are faulty, these include tailor made customer orders.
Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law:
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.